Hi 👋 peeps,
I have a confession that’s completely embarrassing to admit.
January was the craziest & busiest month ever.
- We took a mini vacation to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls which was my daughter’s Christmas gift. 🎁
- My kiddo had tons of rehearsals, tech week and then 6 shows for Disney’s Alice in Wonderland JR
- Then she got sick with the flu 🤒 which turned into bronchitis
- I started taking a course at Ryerson University
- Plus I’m a nurse who works full time
- A few snow storms to shovel out of
And as I sit here looking around my living room… I laugh at how sad this is but… my Christmas 🎄 tree is still up. 🤭
🤦♀️ Dies of embarrassment.
I guess this goes back to the Rubik’s cube analogy.
There were some things that took priority this month… a fun trip, the kiddos passion, my personal growth, the frickin snow ⛄️ and getting her healthy again.
The Christmas 🎄 tree and the dread I have getting all scratched up putting it away and hauling it back downstairs to the crawl space… did not.
So what’s the lesson here… 🤔
1. Become aware when you’re procrastinating.
2. Forgive yourself that life happens and things aren’t always perfect.
3. Get a box and take a few ornaments 🌟 down…. Er um… get started now even if you can only get 10 minutes in or 10 ornaments off.
At least you started. 🤷♀️
4. When you think of it or have some free time… come back and tackle the rest.
5. Consider getting a smaller tree that isn’t so heavy for next year. 🤔
And just think.
If you feel like you’re not doing good at life right now… just remember. Somewhere someone still has their Christmas 🎄 tree up and it’s almost Valentine’s Day!
What have you been procrastinating on and need to tackle?
Bio: Steph is a mom, RN and Entrepreneur. She enjoys sharing her tips to help others live a great life.